Thursday, March 12, 2015

Dr Oz Green Shake - AKA Life in a cup!

GOOD MORNING!

Today I'm posting a "not-so-family-favorite."
Nobody in the fam will jump on board 
this refreshing shake/smoothy.
BUT
I'm guessing most of you are mommas and 
might venture on board.
You will be pleasantly surprised.
I saw this many years ago on 
The Dr. Oz Show

Lots of goodness in this drink 
but 
I will tell you how it makes me feel.
Refreshing
Energized 
Like I can check off my veggies for the day:)
Lastly, it really fills me up with hardly any calories.

Ingredients:

1/2 cucumber
 4 celery sticks
 1 green apple (any apple will work)
 1/2 inch chunk of ginger root (tip below)
1 lime
1 lemon
2 BIG handfuls of spinach
ice


Notice my son's football helmet:) I had just cleaned it in the dishwasher.
Chop up and throw in blender.
Tip: put spinach in after all the other veggies and blend well.
Put ice in last and enjoy.
If you want some EXTRA goodness and FULLNESS then 
add a scoop of chia seeds in with the veggies.
You will be full for a long time and no real extra calories!
This is my go to drink when I serious on 
losing some extra pounds.
Why? 
Because it fills me and makes me fill so alive.

Ginger root tip:
Place ginger root in baggie and throw it in the freezer.
It last forever and does not change it's integrity.

BONUS:
I usually don't have an afternoon tired slump when drinking these.

Now go drink up and feel like a grown up 
for eating all your veggies for the day:)

No comments:

Post a Comment